Thursday, March 22, 2012

Two Hearts, Stained Glass Windows and Color Pages




There is a small church in a neighboring town.  I love to look at it's lovely stained glass windows.  Back in the 1970's the church burned and all that was left were the beautiful windows. 

I had never noticed this window before.   I think the pink colors were what attracted my attention.  Seeing that this was the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I thought there must also be a Sacred Heart Stained Glass Window.  And there was. 
I must admit that I love stained glass. Seeing light shine through a colored glass window and casting these colors on objects on the other side can be beautiful and interesting.
When my husband and I were first married, we had the Enthronement of the Sacred Heart (and the Immaculate Heart of Mary) done in our home. 

It was a huge celebration that took place on the Feast of Christ the King.  We invited our whole church to attend the festivities.  I regret that we don't have pictures from this first Enthronement.

Every time since that we have moved, we have either repeated the Enthronement of the Sacred Heart and Immaculate Heart of Mary or else had at least a regular blessing of our home.  We feel that we have been blessed, especially in our marriage and in the peace that presides in our home because of this Enthronement. 

There are 12 Promises of the Sacred Heart for those who keep a picture of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in their home in a prominent place and who have a devotion to Him.  Here are the promises:

1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will give peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. I will be their refuge in life and especially in death.
5. I will abundantly bless all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection.
9. I will bless those places wherein the image of
My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated.
10. I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
11. Persons who propagate this devotion shall
have their names eternally written in my Heart.
12. In the excess of the mercy of my Heart, I promise you that my all powerful love will grant to all those who will receive Communion on the First Fridays, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments; and my Heart will be their secure refuge in that last hour.

These promises were given to Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque by Jesus.

Seeing the Immaculate Heart and Sacred Heart stained glass windows in our church and because I love to draw,  I decided to make a stained glass window color page of these to remind me of the promises the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the motherly love of Mary.



 The design I made is not exactly like the windows as I didn't have enough room on the page to put the full window, but I felt that the circular part was the most important aspect of the window.

You can find the color pages HERE and HERE



2 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful. Thank you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victor. You seemed to have found my "other" blog! God Bless You!

      Delete