Baby Jesus Christmas Cards and Coloring Pages


It is getting close to Christmas card sending time.  Every year for the last 8 or so years, I have set out to make my own Christmas cards.  Often I fail in doing so as other projects get in the way.  This year I felt determined.  I have had this idea in my head for a long time.  The inspiration originally came from a Christmas card my family received when I was in high school.  It was a card sent by a priest friend in New Caledonia.   The card showed the Child Jesus with his hands stretched out and his feet crossed and he was on a cross.  It was a photo of a real porcelain figurine.  I have never forgotten that card because it was the most meaningful and beautiful Christmas card I have ever seen.  It left a memorable impression on my heart.  The Christmas Card I have made for this year pales in comparison to that wondrous card we got so long ago.  But for now it is what I can offer the Child Jesus.  One of my favorite themes is to use poinsettias in my Christmas drawings.  You can read the Legend of the Poinsettia here.  It is a beautiful Mexican story about a little girl who didn't have a gift for the Christ Child.  For me, the red of the poinsettias reminds me of the blood this beautiful Child would shed one day for me and for you.

I drew the Child Jesus on Bristol paper, but if you want to use this image for a Christmas card you can use plain copier paper or you can print it on heavier card stock paper.  I have colored my image with BIC permanent markers except that I used a Prismacolor marker in light peach for the Jesus' skin.  My gold colored marker was dried out and so I used yellow for Jesus' halo.  The card or coloring page would look nice with embellishments here and there using a glitter pen. Here,  I offer you two versions. One is a little easier to color.  To use these for greeting cards, reduce the size to about 45-50% or more or you can click on the picture and print them as their original size.
 

(Click words above to download and print page from Google Documents.)
 
Frugal Idea:  I shop "After Christmas" sales at Walmart and other stores to buy holiday cards that are on clearance.  I give away the cards and keep the really nice red and green and sometimes blue envelopes to use with my own handmade cards.  I find that $1 a box is better thank $5 for a package of envelopes from a craft store.
 



POPULAR POSTS

God Loves A Cheerful Giver Coloring Page

Song of the Swallows and Color Page

King of My Heart and Color Page

Child Jesus Valentine Coloring Page

Widow's Mite Coloring Page (For the Feast of Saint Joseph)

Two Hearts, Stained Glass Windows and Color Pages

Prayer to the Infant Jesus and Nativity Coloring Page