Friday, December 21, 2012

Prayer to the Infant Jesus and Nativity Coloring Page




 
 
I love finding beautiful vintage Christmas cards at yard sales, antique shops and thrift stores.  I found this really sweet one recently.

It inspires me so much because it is a dear little woodland animal scene with baby Jesus.  Since we moved to the mountains, I have wanted to make a Woodland Nativity.   So, I cheated a little and used some of the animals and parts of Baby Jesus to make my own nativity with Little Jesus.  I added the Virgin Mary and Saint Joseph, lots of holly and poinsettias but edited out a few things to make a
  Woodland Nativity Coloring Page
 
 
 
You can find the coloring page ---> HERE.
 
 And you can find more coloring pages---> HERE
 
This morning while cleaning out my Holy Card drawer (can you believe I need a whole drawer for all my Holy Cards (I collected them as a kid.)), I found this beautiful Nativity Prayer to the Infant Jesus:
 
 
Prayer to the Infant Jesus
(by Saint Francis de Sales)
 
Behold the dear Infant Jesus, and adore Him fervently.  Contemplate His poverty, and humility, in imitation of His most holy Mother and of St. Joseph.  Repose near Him as sweetly as you can.  He will not fail to love your heart, void as you find it of tenderness and feeling.  Nothing will be wanting to you, since you will be in the presence of that Holy Infant.  Abide there, and learn of Him how meek and humble He is.  How simple and amiable.  See how lovingly He has written your name in the depth of His Divine Heart, which beats on that couch of straw from the impassioned zeal unto His Father in which you have not a part, not a single movement of the spirit except for your happiness.
 
~ Saint Francis de Sales
You can print a copy of this prayer by clicking HERE.
Well, we have waited and waited for snow and as I am writing this, it has finally started to snow....but of course it would stop just as I got up to take a picture!  LOL!
Anyway, guess the Mayans were wrong after all.  The Christ Child can now be born in our hearts for yet another Christmas!  That is LOVE!
 

14 comments:

  1. Ooooh, that prayer! It speaks to my soul.

    The coloring page is beautiful. I'm going to print some out and take them to my nieces and nephews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a beautiful prayer! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I love your art Monica. Thank you! We'll definitely make lovely art with it this weekend. Merry Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gardenia for the encouragement!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful picture! You did a great job with it, Monica! I just love it!! I'm going to print this out for my youngest 4 girls! My 5 year old loves to color! And she's very good at it, too! (Well, I think so, but I'm her mom!) Thanks for the prayer printable, too! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for a Blessed Christmas and New Year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, Once again I am in awe of your artwork! It's surely a Christmas gift to us. Thank you for the prayer. It's perfect. Merry Christmas dear Monica and I'm glad Little Jesus enabled me to find you via the Internet.

      Delete
    2. Monica, Once again I am in awe of your artwork! It's surely a Christmas gift to us. Thank you for the prayer. It's perfect. Merry Christmas dear Monica and I'm glad Little Jesus enabled me to find you via the Internet.

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Monice.

    I hope that you are having a holy and blessed Christmastide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! May Little Jesus Bless you and your family.

      Delete
  6. I printed this on white card stock and my 7-year-old (the resident artist) colored it in marker, trimmed the frame, and mounted it on red card stock. It's on our wall as part of our Christmas decor :). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Melanie. I am so glad to hear about this creative way you and your little Resident Artist were able to use my coloring page. Actually, I would love to see it! I have been thinking of making a gallery of colored- coloring pages and so if you want to share it let me know :-)

      Delete