God Loves A Cheerful Giver Coloring Page

 
Sometimes it is hard for me to imagine a particular idea for a coloring page.  I wanted to make a coloring page of the Widow who tithed all of her savings, but I just couldn't put on paper what I imagined her to look like.  I needed a reference.  I was having brain block.  But yesterday as I was sitting in the lobby of our parish center waiting for my husband who was practicing with the choir and schola, I found a book about a local organization in our diocese called  Loaves and Fishes.  In the book I found a photo of an elderly woman placing a coin in a Saint Vincent de Paul  "poor box."  I couldn't help but "see" the widow whom Jesus speaks of in Luke 21: 1-4.
 
  Now really the widow whom Jesus spoke of might have been a young, widow woman with three little children clinging to her veil.  For some reason I see her as an elderly lady who is hunched over with osteoporosis in her back and rheumatoid arthritis in her hands.  I see her leaning on a cane.  And there she was in the Loaves and Fishes book! An elderly lady dressed in a bright blue wool suit walking with a fancy walking cane.  She had a net over head because she had just been to Mass and she was placing her donation in the coin slot.  She was just perfect.  I didn't have to use much imagination except to give her clothes that resembled clothing from the time of Christ and instead of a fancy table to hold the poor box, I put the collection box on a stone block.  I made her cane look like a tree branch.  That was easy! 
 
Anyway, the woman in the photo had such a happy expression on  her face as she dropped her coin the box that she reminded me of the passage in 2 Corinthians 9:7
Each of you must give as you have made up your mind,
not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
 
It is a good reminder for me during Lent to do all things with a cheerful heart.
(willingly, not grudgingly...including suffering!)
********
 
And here is my Widow's Mite: God Loves a Cheerful Giver  Coloring Page. 
Click HERE to print.
 

Comments

  1. It's a great picture, Monica, and I enjoyed reading
    the thought process behind its creation. You have built-in meditations when you make your coloring pages :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! I almost re-wrote it thinking everyone would drown in the wordiness! I'll leave it as is. I guess I do have these meditations when I make my coloring pages :-)
      Many blessing to you!

      Delete
  2. I went into a Christian Book Shop in town looking for a colouring book for a Christian lady I look after who loves colouring. They only had ONE colouring book in the shop. The lady has enjoyed colouring your Angel and your Flower Bookmarks so far. Thank you for sharing your colouring pages which you have put a lot of thought and love into. Bless you Monica. Take care now. Marion x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marion, I'm so happy to hear that my coloring pages are appreciated! That makes it all worth while! Bless you Marion :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Monica,

    I love your colouring pages! The meaning shines through them and they're so beautifully drawn. I'm already thinking how I could use them with our children when we do our bible readings:-)

    God bless!
    PS. I loved seeing my favourite saints on your sidebar:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky! Glad we have some favorte saints in common :-)

      Delete
  4. You really are very tallented. Have you thought of publishing all these drawings in a book and making it available on Amazon?

    It is easy to publish on AMAZON Kindle. I've put most of my books there.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victor for your kind comment. I have been approached by publishers in the past. I guess I am hesitant because I don't want to do this for money, but rather to offer it free. I have never thought of putting it on kindle. Perhaps when I get a lot more coloring pages togther I may think of doing thi.

      Delete
    2. Laughing out loud! I studder (mispellings) even when I write!

      Delete
  5. Hi Monica, you do have a beautiful picture and reminder that our giving only pleases God when we are happy to do it. Not begrudgingly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

POPULAR POSTS

Baby Jesus Christmas Cards and Coloring Pages

Song of the Swallows and Color Page

King of My Heart and Color Page

Child Jesus Valentine Coloring Page

Two Hearts, Stained Glass Windows and Color Pages

Widow's Mite Coloring Page (For the Feast of Saint Joseph)

Prayer to the Infant Jesus and Nativity Coloring Page